The Learning Through Technology Team at the Maine Department of Education is looking for a high energy, entrepreneurial-thinking, collaborative educator who would like to work with us.
Are you making great things happen in your classroom, school, district, or region? Consider joining us and make great things happen across Maine!
We currently have one opening for a Regional Education Representative: Digital Learning Specialist (and anticipate two more in the coming months).
The Digital Learning Specialists will work closely as a team with the Coordinator for Education Technology, and the Learning Through Technology Policy Director, to design and implement our efforts to support schools leveraging technology for learning.
Our strategic efforts include:
- Maine Learning Technology Initiative – The first, and only, statewide 1to1. The country’s largest 1to1 (serving 66,000 students and 14,000 teachers). Increasing access with a focus on learning.
- Move the Needle – A collection of efforts to explore how we can support teachers in creating quality learning experiences for every child, by focusing on questions like, “What kinds of learning experiences do we want for our students (and the role technology can play)?” and “What makes for an adequate ‘learning device’?” and by providing educators with quality models and examples.
- iLearnMaine Educator Micro-credentials – The first state program to leverage micro-credentials and digital badging for professional learning. We are partnering with Digital Promise.
The Digital Learning Specialists will play a critical role in developing and implementing these and other innovative programs, as well as assisting schools with Professional Learning, School Libraries, Maine State Library Network, District Technology Plans, AP4ALL (statewide online AP program), STEM OER Project, and others.
- If you know you want to be part of where we’re going, and you want to have a role in making it happen, then apply.
- If you are someone who smiles and nods when you hear, “If it were easy, it wouldn’t be any fun at all!” then apply.
- If you want to be part of a team supporting teachers and helping them feel capable of making terrific learning experiences happen for every student, in every classroom, then apply.
- If you want to be the tech geek who helps make great learning happen with each school’s devices, then apply.
- If you want to be the librarian who helps classrooms get the most learning from their technology, then apply.
- If you want to be the pedagogy and instruction specialist that helps schools get the most from their devices, then apply.